ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either directly or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. These include personnel in Emergency response, Intensive care unit, Critical care units, and Emergency medicine. The Course is conducted by senior cardio thoracic specialists.
Upon successful completion of the course, trainees are issued an internationally recognised certificate valid for 2 years.
- Will be able to recognize and initiate the management of basic arrhythmia recognition and therapeutic management.
- Recognize Ventricular Fibrillation, PEA, Asystole, Stable and Unstable Tachycardia, Atrial Flutter, Atrial Fibrillation, 2nd and 3rd Degree AV Blocks, and Sinus Bradycardia.
- Recognize and initiate early management of peri-arrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome.
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing Basic Life Support care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating AED use.
- Manage cardiac arrest until return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC), termination of resuscitation, or transfer of care.
- Identify and treat ischemic chest pain and expedite the care of patients with acute coronary syndromes.
- Recognize other life-threatening clinical situations, such as stroke, and provide effective initial care and transfer to reduce disability and death.
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 80 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 45
- Assessments Yes