This course is specifically designed for employees, employers and particularly people employed as occupational first aiders and those aspiring to be employed as one. It is recommended that a recertification program is undertaken every 12 months
Upon successful completion of the course, trainees are issued with an internationally recognised certificate of completion.
- Candidates will be able to assess situations and circumstances in order to provide First Aid safely, promptly and effectively in a range of emergencies, such as:
- administering first aid to an adult casualty who is unconscious (including seizure).
- administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation to an adult, including using an AED.
- administering first aid to an adult casualty who is choking.
- administering first aid to an adult casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
- administering first aid to an adult casualty who is suffering from shock.
- providing appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
Candidates will learn to administer first aid to an adult casualty with:
- injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries
- chest injuries
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- sudden poisoning
- anaphylactic shock
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 60 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 32
- Assessments Yes