This course is intended to delegate the skills, knowledge, and competency requirements of recognizing, assessing, managing, and controlling hazards associated with H2S gas. The H2S awareness course can be a perfect fit for those who demand an understanding of the characteristics of H2S gas for employment.
This training has the core purpose of catering to the subject of Hydrogen Sulphide, defining its physical and chemical properties, the potential physiological effects if exposed, detection of common sources and controls & best emergency response practices to carry over when there is an H2S related incident.
The Hydrogen Sulphide gas has the features of rapidly working and extensive impacts on humans. Hence, those who work in an H2S environment should have a good understanding of detecting, managing, and evacuating the danger zone when H2S is encountered.
Upon Completion of the course, an internationally recognised certificate of completion is issued to the trainee valid for 2 years.
- By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- The properties and health hazards of H2S gas
- Perform gas detection through the use of mechanical and electronic devices
- Acceptable exposure limits
- Signs & symptoms of H2S gas exposure
- Common locations of H2S and conditions of release of the gas
- Components of a contingency and rescue plan and procedures
- Safe working procedures including employer and worker responsibilities
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 273
- Assessments Yes