The course is aimed at teaching ways to provide emotional support to the patients so that they can live their life with positivity. PCA specialists must be equipped with the skills to provide complete physical, emotional and spiritual support to those suffering from physical challenges and this is what our course teaches best. Individuals with no medical background but would like to venture in home care industry are specially encouraged.
Upon successful completion of the course, the trainees are issued an internationally recognised certificate valid for 2 years.
Upon successful completion of this lab, students will be able to:
- Perform personal care skills in an organized manner ensuring the comfort and appropriate independence of the client/resident.
- Apply an informed problem-solving process to the provision of care and assistance
- Provide personal care and assistance within the parameters of the Health Care Assistant role
- Provide care and assistance in ways that maintain safety for self and others in a variety of contexts
- Problem Solving when Carrying Out Caregiving Procedures
- Asepsis and Prevention of Infection
- Promoting Comfort and Rest
- Promoting Personal Hygiene
- Moving, Positioning and Transferring a Client/Resident
- Bed Making
- Promoting Exercise and Activity
- Promoting Healthy Nutrition and Fluid Intake
- Promoting Urinary and Bowel Elimination
- Measuring Vital Signs
- Heat and Cold Applications
- Assisting with Oxygen Needs
- Assisting with Medications
- Home Management
- Personal Assistance Guidelines
- Note: All skills are taught in such a way that both facility and community contexts are recognized.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 25
- Assessments Yes