- open to all
This Course trains students on how to use a computer and computer applications in an office, business or personal computing setting. Its an introduction to Computer systems and Operating Systems including various applications such as Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint, Ms Access among others.
Upon completion of Computer Applications, the student will be able to:
1. Use operating system tools to manage local, network and cloud based content.
2. Use word processing software to create, edit and format documents.
3. Use spreadsheet software to calculate, organize, edit and present numerical data.
4. Use database software to create files, enter and edit data, perform queries, and create forms and reports.
5. Use presentation software to create, edit, and enhance presentations.
6. Use browser applications to navigate web-based information sources and applications.
7. Use e-mail applications to manage contacts, calendar and send/receive messages.
8. Identify and recognize appropriate data security practices and information assurance.
Course Description Computer Software:
Introduction to computers Word Processing: Creating and Saving Document, Margins and Page Breaks. Formatting Paragraphs; Tabs, Tables, Math, and Sorting, Headers, Footers, Page Numbers and Footnotes. Graphics in Word; Using the Text Boxes, Inserting Word Art, Clip Art and Charts. Productivity Tools; Templates, Wizards and Sample Documents, Auto Text, Auto Correct, and Insert. Author’s Tools-Setting Language, Spell Checker, Thesaurus. Power Tools; Using Charts and Graphs, Creating and Using Macros.
Spreadsheets: Introduction to Excel; Using Formulas and Functions, Formatting/Conditional Formatting Data and Worksheet. The Power of Range Names, Essential Worksheet Functions, Using Templates, Protecting the File Worksheet. Graphics and Chart, Working with Graphic Objects – Clip and Word Art. Cell Referencing; Cell Referencing Excel: Relative, Absolute and Mixed, Loan Amortization Scheduling and Calculation, Exercising What- If Analysis, Consolidating and Outlining: Data Table, Goal Seek, and Scenario Manager. Pivot Tables; Constructing and Analyzing Pivot Tables.
Presentation Graphics; Entering, Editing, and Enhancing Text, Views- Outline, Slide Sorter. Graphics in Presentation; Creating, Editing and Enhancing Graphs, Clip Arts, Animating charts and Art Objects. Slides; Slide Show, Rehearsing, Display Timing. Adding Headers and Footers, Numbering Slides.
Internet and Intranet, World wide web, Electronic mail, Internet.
Applications of ICT: Computer in business and Industry, Computers at home. Computer in education and training Computers in entertainment, Science, medicine and engineering.
Information Security; Cyber laws, computer crime. Information privacy and security. Printing and saving files.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 100
- Assessments Yes