- Scuba diving requires a minimum level of health and fitness. Chronic health conditions, certain medications and/or recent surgery may require you to get written approval from a physician before diving.
- Persons working aquatic environment who may require diving skills to rescue others during emergency situations
The Rescue Diver Course offered by First Aid International is designed to equip divers with the knowledge and skills necessary to respond to emergency situations that may arise while diving. The course emphasizes the importance of communication, teamwork, and situational awareness, as well as the proper use of rescue equipment and techniques.
Through a combination of classroom sessions, hands-on training in the pool, and practical application scenarios in open water, students will learn to confidently and competently handle emergency situations.
Upon completion of the Rescue Diver Course, divers will have a greater understanding of the risks and challenges associated with diving, as well as the confidence and skills necessary to respond effectively in emergency situations.
1.LEARN HOW TO SWIM
Demonstrate safe entry.
Submerge eyes and nose in water while blowing bubbles for 5 seconds.
Kick on front with floating aid with face in the water for 5 meters.
Kick on back with floating aid for 5 meters.
Float on front and back unassisted (star shape).
Push and glide on front into wall.
Demonstrate confidence jumping into water.
Pick sinking ring from pool bottom
2. OVER VIEW OF WATER RESCUE AND DIVING
Who should have the training?
Reasons for doing the training.
Drowning and Water Safety statistics.
Common reasons for Drowning.
3. SAFETY WHEN DEALING WITH WATER.
Lowering the risk of Drowning
PPEs for water survival.
Staying safe from such an environmental factor.
Understanding the specific Aquatic environments.
Staying safe while engaging in Water Activities.
4. Recognizing and responding to Aquatic Emergencies.
Recognizing an Emergency in Water.
Responding to an Emergency.
Basic water Rescue and Diving.
5. A drill on Water Emergency Rescue
Simulated scenario – Pool water swimming and rescue drill
Emergency response with Ambulance Intervention
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 days
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 100
- Assessments Yes